Queen Anne Street Medical Centre (QASMC) is a prestigious Medical Centre based on Harley Street that provides day surgery and diagnostic services. Queen Anne Street Medical Centre is unique in offering modern consulting rooms together with a fully-staffed day case theatre and the very latest high-tech scanning equipment all in one location. The center has, in a short time, established itself as one of the foremost private hospitals in the Harley Street Area and is developing into a facility of renown classed as an acute hospital, it delivers varied disciplines and has recently opened a Short Stay Unit (SSU). Due to expansion and business development QASMC are looking to recruit a Deputy Theatre Manager.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
This role is a dynamic opportunity to be a part of a new acute hospital in the heart of the renowned Harley Street area. A center of excellence for respiratory and urology disciplines, the theatre suite is a critical service within the center.
• To deputize for Theatre Manager as and when required
• Managing and coordinating an assigned area of theatre
• To support the Theatre Services Manager by participating in the administrative responsibilities within the department
• To exhibit excellent assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation skills in clinical practice
• To provide clinical supervision and leadership within the department as required
• To manage and coordinate activity In assigned discipline during theatre lists
• To have a good knowledge of the ethical and regulatory requirements of your assigned discipline
• Ensure, as far as you are able, that lists are managed within set time frames
• Active involvement in clinical governance reporting and auditing systems
The successful applicant:
• Will have experience of managing at theatre level with excellent clinical skills and communications
• Will have experience in a private hospital environment will be an advantage
• Will hold ALS certification (minimum ILS) and attend BLS support training on an annual basis
A Full Job Description will be available to candidates who have been selected for an interview. Please note: QASMC reserves the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date should we receive a sufficient amount of CV’s.
Job Type: Full-time
An exciting opportunity has risen within our Facilities team in our busy medical centre. The successful applicant will be required to work shifts ranging from 7:30 am to 7:00 pm Monday to Friday and some Saturdays and Sundays.
Main responsibilities include:
• Provide comprehensive secretarial services and administrative support to clinicians and other associated staff, following all relevant operational policies, procedures and work practices, to ensure the timely processing of all patient related information, including clinic letters, reports, referrals, appointments, admissions, invoices, payments, general enquiries etc.
• To accurately type or transcribe from audio letters, reports and client case notes using the word processor in accordance with the instructions from the clinical team members, Administrators or the Medical Director.
• To provide reception cover, producing scheduled clinic lists and update patient activity within the required timescales.
• To deal with telephone calls from patients, hospital staff and consultants in an efficient, friendly and professional manner with the ability to remain calm and polite under pressure, taking messages and/or redirecting as appropriate.
• To liaise with the Finance department (or relevant person/company where appropriate) on matters relating to patient billing and credit control)
• Deal with outstanding invoices for patients, insurers or third parties to ensure a prompt payment. Work to solve any discrepancies/anomalies.
• Promote and facilitate effective lines of communication and maintaining good working relationships with other departments within the clinic, other consultant practices, and contractors;
• Work short notice as well as planned shifts; therefore the need for flexibility is paramount.
• First-rate customer facing skills, the ability to remain calm under pressure and multiple situations
• Well established numeracy and literacy skills
• To show a good working knowledge of windows based computer systems and be capable of using most Microsoft Office applications, particularly MS Word and Outlook
• To demonstrate ability to pay good attention to detail, reliably check and record data and identify anomalies and be able to self-check completed work.
• To have secretarial experience working in a healthcare environment
• Confidentiality is key in this role
If you believe you are suited for this role, please apply ASAP.
Job Type: Full-time
We are currently seeking an active individual with good clinical skills and the capacity to apply sound clinical knowledge and judgement. This role involves working in a multi-disciplinary team orientated environment.
This is an ideal position for a Hospital Physician to engage in clinical research activity and also participate in general medial duties related to clinical activity within this dependent hospital.
The orientation is to the pharmaceutical industry and enables learning and working in a GCP orientated environment. The clinical trial setting allows development of skills related to the design and running of innovative clinical trials. There is also the opportunity to study for membership or equivalent higher medical training in periods of lower activity.
The successful candidate will have at least 1 year’s clinical experience and or relevant clinical trial’s experience, and hold full GMC accreditation.
Requirements: Availability & Flexibility
Eligibility to live & work in the UK is essential